Let me just start by saying my resume is probably weirder than yours.
Upon graduating with my bachelor’s degree in journalism in 2011, I spent the next eight-plus years covering sports (mostly high schools) with The Journal News/lohud in White Plains, N.Y.
Off the clock, I wrote and talk about love, dating, and relationships for the digital youth culture magazine Thought Catalog for approximately three years. I hosted a weekly podcast, “Heart of the Matter,” for over a year.
Since discontinuing my writing for Thought Catalog, I joined a boy band, got engaged, left my job as a reporter and am now working as a manager for a bowling entertainment corporation… in that order.
In my spare time, you can catch me on a volleyball court, softball field, a pair of bowling lanes, or rocking the mic during a night of karaoke.
Here are some quick-hit biographical fun facts:
- I’ve sang over 200 different songs at karaoke, and you can view every one of them here.
- Favorite musicians, in order: Michael Buble, The Temptations, The Overtones, Maroon 5, Zac Brown Band, Jason Mraz, Michael Jackson, Billy Joel, Eminem, Andy Grammer, Meghan Trainor.
- Pet peeves, in no order: Canceled plans at the last minute, people cracking their neck, “Drops of Jupiter” by Train, and inconsideration.
- Movies I’ve never seen include: Grease, Jaws, The Little Mermaid, The Princess Bride, The Wizard of Oz, pretty much every Star Wars film, every Indiana Jones film, and countless others.
- Five things on my bucket list, in no order: 1. Go to a masquerade ball. 2. Blast a song on the radio while sitting in traffic, start singing, and get neighboring cars to sing along. 3. Finish my second tattoo sleeve. 4. Travel to Italy for two weeks. 5. Move to California.
- Favorite life quote: “Pay close attention to people who don’t clap when you win.”