Sorry for the delay in getting this up.
I’m usually a guy who sees the good in almost everything and tries to keep a positive mindset, but work made that pretty difficult last week.
A good portion of my week was spent reporting on and writing about the death of a 13-year-old local basketball player, who was killed by a stray bullet while in her mother’s car. It was an emotionally draining week, but seeing how the community responded lifted my spirits.
In addition to all of the writing I did this week, one of my videos went viral on Facebook. Outside of lohud work, my first Thought Catalog piece of the year also went up last week. It was, well, different than my usual writing.
Here’s everything you (may have) missed:
Monday, Jan. 2
1. Column: Somers gets taste of County Center, craves more
2. Rankings: Albertus Magnus soars after impressive week
3. Player of the week: Andra Espinoza-Hunter, Ossining
4. Facebook Live chat: Episode 17
5. “Heart of the Matter” podcast, Ep. 01: “The Double Standard”
Thursday, Jan. 5
Friday, Jan. 6
1. Mount Vernon pulls away for emotional win
2. Mount Vernon honors slain teen Shamoya McKenzie with touching tribute
3. Video: Mount Vernon’s emotional tribute to Shamoya McKenzie
4. Just As Women Have The Right To Reject A Relationship, Men Have The Right To Reject A Friendship
Saturday, Jan. 7